I would say that I can’t believe it’s almost March, but after the busy two months I’ve had, it had better be March, you know what I mean?
I’ve been thinking about the next month and the sort of things, both physical & mental, I want to cultivate in my life. Even with the snow we’ve had over the past few days, I know spring is on its way and I want to be ready.
Goals for March:
- read at least two books (I’m a book ahead of my overall goal for 2015, so I’d like to keep this up!)
- see one movie in a cinema (this should be movie #3 I have seen this year, but I have not completed my goals for February or January–oh well!)
- give a confident, well-prepared, passionate, joyful audition in Philadelphia
- Those three things are the only controllable variables. I cannot control the state of my voice that morning. I cannot control my external environment (people or places). I can only control myself and my attitude.
- no email after 7 PM
- An exception can be made while traveling.
- send at least 5 postcards/letters
- be mindful of my spending
- be intentional with my eating
- unplug for an hour everyday (no phone, no social media, nothing)
- get one new aria to presentable level
I was inspired by Lara Casey‘s willingness to unplug from social media and technology for lengthy periods of time but I’m not entirely convinced I can go all in yet… I’m hoping to dip my toe in the proverbial water and then dive in once I know I can do it (yes, I’m totally a chicken).