I might actually be the worst blogger ever. “Surely I can manage one post a week,” I said. Surely. Turns out that’s harder than I thought. WELL, WHATEVER Y’ALL, HERE I AM NOW. Here’s what I’ve been up to over the past week:
// things i did //
- enjoyed a delicious frozen sangria swirl margarita whilst celebrating my dear friend Nick’s birthday
- sang 3 church services on Valentine’s Day
- ate a (surprise!) heart-shaped pizza
- worked the first round of graduate voice auditions at Wichita State University
- went to a senior recital and a graduate recital (both of which were very good!)
- watched my friend Geoffrey play a life-size game of Jenga
- burst into happy tears in a voice lesson
- unexpectedly matched a bunch of my cast mates, our conductor, and our rehearsal pianist in rehearsal for the opera
// things i learned & loved //
- I am apparently incapable of sticking to a blogging deadline.
- Why has there been a testosterone takeover in Southern food writing? Kathleen Purvis asks this very important question over at the Bitter Southerner.
- sharing my Wordless Wednesday thoughts with the Arkansas Women Bloggers
// things i’m working on musically //
- Handel’s Dixit Dominus (HWV 232) with the Wichita State University Concert Chorale (PS: I’m one of a gaggle of soloists)
- I brought “Ain’t it a pretty night?” back out of the recesses of my repertoire binder and sang it for the first time following a 75 pound weight loss. There’s a lot of work to do, y’all!
- Rameau’s Les Indes Galantes, which I’ll be appearing in at WSU in the role of Zaïre
// things i’m looking forward to next week //
- getting my Fiordiligi on in my friend and studio mate Alyssa’s senior recital on Wednesday!
- RECITALS GALORE!
- working another round of graduate voice auditions on the 27th